Friday, January 11, 2008

silence video

There were this silence video and I don't exactly remember the day we watched it, though I'm assuming it was last week. Something about this video really struck me. I mean, at first all I could think was, "OH NOT THIS GUY AGAIN" because it was the guy that compared the money we spent yearly in ice cream towards feeding the rest of the world, and I really don't like that guy. Though I don't like the guy in the movie we watched today either, I prefer the ice cream dude but ANYWAY. We watched this video that said that God speaks to you but with everything going on in our world it's much harder to hear him then it used to be. I mean, it makes sense. I personally have tried sitting in silence waiting for God to speak to me and I still hear something whether it's the TV downstairs or the fan from my laptop there's always SOMETHING. Sometimes I think people expect God to come in a blinding light or his face form in a cloud like in the lion king (POINT!) but even if that may perhaps be the case sometimes, God isn't going to show up like that. If you really listen, he will speak to you. And that really hit me. The movie, for a low budget film was really good! It was smart and well thought out. It actually made me change my mind from begging God for an answer to sit and silence and listen. Regardless of if I actually hear him yet, I know he'll speak to me eventually so now I sit and I wait.



1 comment:

Dawie Koekemoer said...

awesome christie! very good journal, psalm 131 is one of my favorite psalms that is a reminder for me to get quite and listen. even if Jesus had to get away in solitute, how much more must i MAKE time.

o yea... and i loved the lion king reference :)