Sunday, January 13, 2008

Missed Journals Assignment (week of december 14)

So the whole reason I missed the journals from the week of December 14th was due to Janna’s father being in the hospital and dying on December 13th. So I figure I should probably write about that. That week was a horrible time for a lot of people and it affected a lot of people, Janna’s family, friends, anyone that just genuinely cared. Janna spent a lot of time wondering why God would take her father away, why now. But when you sit back and think about it now that it’s really all over, it happened the best way it should have. At the memorial service, all I could hear was how he was such a great man and he walked with God his entire life, and how he wanted to be first for everything. I remember someone saying “of course he has to be the first to be with God, he had to be the first for everything” and everyone laughed. But it’s true. He knew he was going to die when he did and he was perfectly alright with it, he was so certain about being with God he just asked for the Lord to take him. Everything happened the way it should. When Janna was in the hospital and she wanted me to be there, it was killing me that I couldn’t be. But now that I think about it it’s obvious that if God wanted me to be there I would have been there, and I was. I was there in a sense that I did anything and everything she needed me to, I was there for her to open up to when she wouldn’t even do it with her own family. I was there at the memorial service to sit next to her and be there when she was crying. I was there and that was God’s plan for me. The reasons for all of this, I don’t know. I didn’t really know the man nor did I know the family however I knew what purpose I served and this could lead all the way back to me applying to NJUCA. I’m supposed to be here, I was supposed to become Janna’s friend I was lead to care about her to be there for her to rely on someone. I was put here for a reason and I think she may be one of those reasons. Her father’s death was a horrible thing for her family, but I don’t believe death was the end for him, just the beginning. Like I said he was an amazing person and I believe right now he’s in Heaven with God watching down on us all. I don’t think death is the end, I think it’s the beginning. There are two quotes I found about death that sort of back up what I’m saying, “Death may be the greatest of all human blessings.” ~Socrates, and “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” ~J.K. Rowling. Yes, I know she wrote the Harry Potter books, but I know that what she said is true. Death is just another adventure.

1 comment:

Dawie Koekemoer said...

this made my eyes tear up.

this journal showed a lot of wisdom and spiritual eyes that few people possess.